Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Crissa-Jean Chappell Takes the Dare


Today's guest post is from my fellow agent-mate and author Crissa-Jean Chappell, whose novel NARC is out tomorrow (!), from Flux. As a big fan of Crissa's first book, TOTAL CONSTANT ORDER, I know we're in store for another beautifully written story and I can't wait to learn more about Aaron and his world.


Crissa chose the following dare:

Draw a character from your upcoming book, NARC.


And she did:


 

Crissa says:

I was inspired by the Book Bird TV series from the 1970s. (Yes, I'm a dork and I loved all the educational shows on PBS. I'd stay home sick from school...camped out on the living room couch with Ritz crackers and tea. This TV show was my absolute favorite.)



Thanks so much for taking the dare and giving us a peek into NARC and your serious illustration skills, Crissa. And happy almost-pub day!

April's up next on the blog, so make sure to check back this Friday. (You still have time to leave her a truth or dare here!)

------

Crissa-Jean Chappell's debut novel, TOTAL CONSTANT ORDER, was published by HarperTeen. It is a Florida Book Award medalist, a New York Public Library Book for the Teen Age, and a VOYA Perfect Ten. Starred review. Editor's Choice Book. Her new YA mystery, NARC, will be available August 8 from Flux. You can find out more about her and her books on her website.

7 comments:

  1. Aw you're a great author and a great artist! Those were really good! And I like the letter narration :)
    Alyssa Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love every part of your video . . . and now I kind of want to stay home and watch hours of Book Bird, too. Thanks so much for joining us, Crissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea. Narration while drawing. So cool. I wish all stories came in the Book Bird format.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I really enjoyed watching you draw, Crissa! Thanks for doing such an awesome dare! Can't wait to check out NARC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Crissa, you are so talented! Those drawings are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so freaking amazing!! I'm in awe. Seriously. In awe!!!

    ReplyDelete