Friday, September 7, 2012

Erin Bowman Takes the Dare: Book Dominos!

Today's dare comes from a good friend of mine, Caroline Richmond. She dared me to set up my books like dominos and knock them all over. This proved especially difficult because I live in a very, very old farmhouse. Nothing is level, and the floorboards are ridiculously wide and uneven and there are old square-head nails everywhere that aren't quite flush with the wood. Getting these books to balance was a bit of a struggle. But I managed.

Here are my book-domino results via vlog! (Please pardon my general state of un-showered-ness and messy hair. I'm on deadline! ;) )



And here's a picture of the end result since I was having issues with the laptop camera:

I'm quietly cursing 13 Reasons Why for messing up an otherwise perfect YA formation.

A huge thank you to Caroline for this fabulous (and FUN) dare. I hope you all have a great weekend, and be sure to check back next week for more truth/dare madness!

---

Erin Bowman is a YA writer, letterpress lover, and Harry Potter enthusiast living in New Hampshire. Her debut novel, TAKEN, comes out from HarperTeen in April 16, 2013. You can visit her blog (updated occasionally) or find her on twitter (updated obsessively).

25 comments:

  1. This is so fun. I love that it spells out YA. Now you just have to do this with books: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDy2xWpZWVc&feature=fvwrel. And make it spell TAKEN :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *wish* I owned enough books to make a line that long. Man, the patience those kids must have had setting that thing up!

      Delete
  2. I love how this worked on the very first try, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I was sort of shocked I managed to pull it off in one go ;)

      Delete
  3. This still makes me want to go spell something with my books. It looks so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS SO COOL.

    And what Elsie said!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun!! (And I'm as surprised as you and Elsie that I nailed it on the first try!)

      Delete
  5. LOL
    That was awesome! I totally wanna do that. Except, I'm not sure if I want to sbuject my books to that torture, because I would NOT get it on the first try lol :D

    Alyssa Susanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I would get it in one go either! I'm glad the books cooperated ;)

      Delete
  6. Count me among those with the overwhelming urge to try this with my books. Immediately. So great, Erin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much fun! Next rainy day, you have no excuses ;)

      Delete
  7. Erin - Apparently it just isn't as satisfying on carpet as it is on wood floors. boo! Now i envy your hardwood floors now too!!! ;o) This was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I didn't even think about carpeting. They probably don't make as nice of a "shunck" sound as they fall over, huh? :(

      Delete
  8. this article Dolabuy Hermes go to this web-site www.dolabuy.co look at this web-site view it now

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your article, it was very helpful and successful. bc4b0a83f89cffe6a7adf5f1ae20e4ed
    website kurma
    sms onay
    numara onay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your explanation, very good content. ba27507366aa835fbcdaef5073bea269
    define dedektörü

    ReplyDelete